New changes for 2021:
The first: Biden Harris, persons of the year on Time Magazine;
Consider this. Neither of these two have been impeached. Neither have filed bankruptcy. Neither have had multiple legal actions filed upon them for sexual abuses or affairs. Neither of them have spoken 30,000 documented lies to the American people. Neither of them have tried to overcome an election loss, by inciting violence, to reverse voters will of an election in the USA. Both of them appear to be honest, sincere, public servants. They both have demonstrated lives of talent, and good citizenship. Let's give them a chance and our encouragement, because they are facing one of the hardest jobs in the world. Fixing an economy. Dealing with a pandemic. Bringing unity and support for the UNITED STATES together in the face of radical and hostile fringe groups.
Biden signed over 40 new presidential decrees in his first 24 hours as President. He is focused on working 8 to 12 hour days as President. We feel sure that he will not spend 300 days (almost a year) out of his term in office playing golf.
Look at some of the views or images from around the nation, how we have changed. I saw a series of aerial photos of airports, freeways, downtown centers, parks, universities. Some airports are almost deserted with few planes parked on the tarmac. Cities are almost empty of downtown traffic. Freeway traffic is substantially lower. On the other hand, houses are full and used more than ever. People are staying home, some working from home. Children by the thousands are doing "home schooling". Some tell us that the "daily commute to a downtown office", will be a thing of the past for thousands, even after this Pandemic is done.
Some of our streets are empty enough to walk or dance on:
Ashlee Montague dances in Times Square, NY during pandemic. If you wear a mask!
THE RUBBER BAND EFFECT:
Many economists and observers like BootheGlobalPerspectives predict that we will see a recovery in the second half or fourth quarter of 2021. This will continue into and through 2022. Many investors who have been holding back, will then invest in new industries, businesses, concepts for the "New USA" that will emerge.
This could be an excellent time of growth and new companies coming in and filling the vacuum of the thousands of companies that have failed. But when they rebuild it will be with new concepts, better ideas and new ways of doing business. Be looking forward to late 2021 and be thinking of the new concepts and business ideas that can help our society be a better, safer and prosperous one.
OTHER CHANGES THAT ARE COMING:
The business environment will change, along with social and cultural norms. Just a few examples:
* More remote office work from home or from high tech executive suites located in the suburbs.
* No doubt downtown uses of buildings will see restructuring. Possibly, many office buildings will reconfigure as high tech "working" apartments or work centers.
* Aviation, Trains, Travel by Bus, may see encapsulated sitting areas that are tested and rated sterile
* More high tech used in all forms of communication, training, meetings, conventions.
* Delivery services expanded for all types of retail, office supplies, food, medical supplies.
* Expanded use of drones for communications and delivery services for rapid response medical and prescription supplies.
* Vast changes of restaurants to include multi lane drive up services and more outside dining. Better HVAC sterilization systems.
* Legal expansions to allow "on line" presence as "personal presence" for legal witness and business witness services.
* On line virtual court and legal meetings.
* New forms of fuel, 80% of autos will be silent and electric powered. Fuel costs will decline substantially.
* Big theaters will be equipped with air sterilization and enhanced cleaning, with plexiglass separation between seats that are also spread out for social distancing.
* Drive in theaters will make a dramatic comeback and expansion offering food service, and open air "sterile" movie experiences.
* New sterilization of entries and larger lobbies, convention centers, with UV viral sterilizers of air, new additions to HVAC, and more use of "information distance communication booths", for business calls and meetings, in a sterile environment.
* Food delivery services of all kinds from restaurants, grocery stores, parties, to all kinds of locations.
* Revolutionary new systems to sterilize hospital and medical treatment environments. New uses of walk through disinfecting, UV, filtration, and chemical treatments systems for environmental cleansing.
* More emphasis on American Made, and American Designed. New safety designs, new economical fuel systems.
*The new "Personal call or customer/or potential client visit" will be online, with fewer and fewer "hands on meetings" and fewer still meetings "shaking hands".
*Broader use of remote video medical doctor meetings and even remote treatments and surgical applications including robotics.
*Banking, finance, board meetings, loan interviews, all will be done by online remote calls. Money transfers, deposits, checks, loan funding and payments will all be electronic remote transfers.
* At every level, new thinking, creativity, development, will be stressed in the post 2021 world. This new era will create thousands of job opportunities for future generations.
Be optimistic! Fighting being "down" is important during these times. Read good books, listen to good music, renew hobbies and productive work. Depression is a killer, during times such as this, use all the tools at your disposal to keep it at bay. Primitive thinkers casting doubt upon new standards, new preventative measures, or claiming loss of personal freedoms will gradually “get it” or be relegated as social misfits. Such groups always exist but cannot stand in the way of progress.
Some of the changes which emerge make for less traffic, office rent rates less and business more efficient by reducing as many expenses as possible. Fuel costs will decline as we have seen lower demand. Increased use of solar energy and alternative energy bring power costs down. But the need for social contact and personal visits will force us to develop with new protocols. Business meetings and conventions will change significantly. In our homes those parties with swimming and cooking outside in the back yard, on the outside grill will be much different and probably restricted if you have more than 6 people there. Schools and education will use more and more "separated" or "distance" learning/training with online group meetings. Classrooms and work areas for business will have rooms with desks separated by curtains or plexiglass separations, and high quality HVAC with HEPA and UV air sterilization and filters.
Our future for at least a time will be more separation from others. Fewer personal live meetings and gatherings. More electronic meetings.
For recreation we may see more outdoor events and more time in "nature" in the place of basketball in auditoriums, or competitive sports calling for large crowds. Crowded sports events with people shoulder to shoulder are a thing of the past for a while, perhaps years. Nature, hiking, camping, trips and gatherings out of doors will increase. We are seeing record numbers of people buying and travelling with RV's.
Perhaps it will only be the criminal elements or uneducated classes of the future who live without social distancing, masks, or high level protections. All said, when we get the "hang of it" ours will be a healthier, more efficient, and more prosperous society, if we can all learn and work at compliance. Otherwise, history tells us, that past pandemics can come back year after year, if the general population does not work hard to isolate, be safe, and be smart.
SURVIVORS WILL ADAPT and ADOPT SAFER CLEANER STANDARDS. OTHERS WILL LIVE AT HIGH RISKS FOR HIGHER CHANCES OF ILLNESS AND OFTEN 1% TO 3% WILL EXPERIENCE HOSPITALIZATION AND MANY DEATH.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE SMART AND SAFE, LOWERING RISK FACTORS, THEY WILL SEE OUR NATION WILL BECOME A NEW AND IMPROVED NATION.
HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE MEDICINES AND VACINES THAT LAST FOR 12 YEARS INSTEAD OF 12 MONTHS.
My friends. This is not a time for conflict and violence. It is a time to be informed. To respond intelligently. To have compassion for our fellow man and to seek to find a new lifestyle and learn how to live with creativity and joy.