The USA and the planet had the hottest year in history, setting yet another record in 2016. Plus, concentrations of CO2 were the highest in 800,000 years of ice core measurements. We at BootheGlobalPerspectives have been reporting the science on this for years. We recommend that you pay attention. Some cities are already seeing water in the streets at high tides or storm tides along our coastal areas. It is a multibillion dollar issue. Pass this article on to people interested in enlightened science.
- Sea levels are the highest since record-keeping began.
- Sea levels have risen six consecutive years and are 3.25 inches higher than 1993. Measurements like this have huge ramifications for places such as New Orleans, Miami, Houston, New York City and places in Florida such as the Trump-owned golf resort (the second White House).
- Precipitation cycles are more extreme. Expect more violent storms, tornadoes and flooding.
- Arctic and the Antarctic ice is melting faster, and ice levels are lower than ever recorded.
- Alpine glaciers have declined for 37 consecutive years.
- There were more tropical cyclones, with 93 storms in 2016 compared to an average of 82 between 1981 and 2010.
- SEE BELOW JUST A PORTION OF THE ARTICLE JUST RELEASED: CREDIT TO EMILY HOLDEN AND NOAA.
- SEE THE FULL STORY AT: www.politico.com/story/2017/08/10/2016-broke-global-temperature-records-again-241486