Recently a successful real estate developer said: "Ben, I didn't understand why you were doing all of the globe trotting. Now I see it. You were ahead of us all."
The recent award to Boothe and Associates as "Best Economic Consultant of the Year" perhaps confirms that others have noticed that our activities are a positive contribution. There are powerful global trends in play, that if you can see these, and then make applications to your business, you can substantially increase your potential for success.
Consider, our world has record high energy prices, record high food prices, massive changes in the way business must function, and in our view, massive opportunities with all of these changes.
But you must be flexible and willing to change, to survive and to prosper. For example who would have thought that food, and food producers could be on the verge of wealth and prosperity.
Let me share some GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES. We identified the trends that Wall Street and policy makers were thrusting upon the USA and the world, 14 years ago.
- Elimination of savings and capital, and replace it with debt.
- Elimination of jobs and manufacturing in the USA, Europe and send these jobs to chase "cheap labor" abroad.
- Change the structure of the economy from a "Production" economy, to an economy reliant upon "consumer spending".
- Change the American and European economy from manufacturing to a "service economy", vastly eliminating new capital formation.
- Change the structure of the economy from one that builds, produces and creates, to one that spends it's capital, and savings, to a short term higher standard of living, with long term losses in living standards inevitable.
- Eliminate regulations that protect small business, consumers, small towns, farmers, workers, in favor of allowing big business to serve a new standard of non regulated expansion of power, based only on an ethic of greed.
- Elimination of regulations has created economic and social instability.
- Destruction of an environment that encourages entrepreneurial growth and creation of new companies and opportunities, to an environment, where only the "big" can survive.
- Massive failures in small business, family farming, and shrinkage of small communities.
- Unstable financial markets, unstable banking, unstable economic foundations and higher swings in risk factors.
- Historic high food prices that will change the entire food production and distribution system of the world.
- Historic high energy prices that will change the way business functions, put many out of business, but give opportunities to those flexible and willing to change.
So, now, as an example, when our economy suffers, instead of a President encouraging the creation of new jobs, new industry, and new growth, our President says: "Go shopping, it is important to our economy". Why, he cannot create new "production" it is largely in other nations now. Our's has become a consumer based economy, and this is problematic. All the while, savings levels have dropped, and debt levels have increased to historic highs.