This report came to us from a Republican who has an unusual perspective on Doctors, Guns, Accidental Deaths, and Lawyers. We cannot verify it's accuracy, but thought it was amusing.
If these numbers are true, with this in mind, perhaps the Bush Administration should consider sending more Doctors to Iraq. Perhaps we could end the war sooner.
Hope you enjoy.
INTERESTING REPORT ON ACCIDENTAL DEATHS:
- a. The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
- b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 119,700.
- c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health &Human Services)
Now think about this.
- a. The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
- b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.
- c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF V.P. DICK CHENEY)
Remember, "Guns don't kill people; doctors do."
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
Note: Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on