Standards and Code of Ethics (policies of Boothe Global Perspectives):
- We gather information that is in the public interest and publish it, with every article edited and reviewed by a second party, and publish citing facts that are confirmed, with personal opinions (when used) disclosed as such.
- Most of our articles are confirmed by personal effort, on-sight inspections because "Global Perspectives" is written by people who are mobile and visit, interview or live throughout the world. If we do not report from personal observation, or prior knowledge, we utilize confirmations from reliable sources. Therefore facts and data are double checked, and often a 2nd or 3rd edit are researched further.
- We believe in shining the light of truth and facts on our contemporary world because light tends to cause elements of darkness to scurry away. Therefore our ethic; "Enlightened Journalism with Independence and Objectivity".
- We follow the journalistic code: "Do no harm". But we have no hesitation of reporting "Evil or harmful events".
- We attribute quotes and give credit when possible, unless disclosure would do harm to the provider or create other negative issues.
- We use images and videos that communicate and are consistent with the message and do not violate truth.
- We do not accept a salary, or payment from advertisers who are subjects of any story, or accept gifts or financial remuneration for reporting. We are not financially compensated for stories that are written; neither do we take money to hold any story or fact back. We have operated for almost three decades maintaining financial independence to maintain integrity. We communicate an unbiased understanding of truth.
- We try to cut through or identify "spin" or deceptive rhetoric and expose this when appropriate.
- We retract or correct articles if an error or omission is discovered.
- We give credit when we quote or use reporting from another source, but in the internet world, note that there are so many replications and copies, that it is often difficult or impossible to identify who the original source was. We know this to be true because, from time to time, we find our copyrighted articles plagiarized and published without credit, often by major publishers, professors, writers and bloggers, who sometimes profit from our work. The consolation prize for Global Perspectives is that when we are quoted, 'truth that is gleaned and reported with high standards is distributed' and may benefit our world. We urge everyone to give proper credit when possible and appropriate (although in some nations we acknowledge that some sources simply cannot be exposed because of personal risk of reporting truth). When possible we regularly call or write other writers and have never been refused permission to quote them.
For almost three decades we have been concerned about concentrations of power by news reporting agencies, and journalists who are dependent on, and profit by, corporate, political, and religious interests that are by nature, influenced by money, agendas and ideologies that may sometimes overwhelm truth. The fact that these companies, networks and individuals profit financially, and are dependent upon advertising for their livelihoods, creates conflicts of interest of journalistic standards. Also there are corrupt sources of wealth that strive to create a "spin" or hold back or create stories for their own agendas. This is also a corruption in our world. Boothe Global Perspective's journalistic standards clearly state that we do not accept payment for articles, and, as a primary journalistic standard, do not depend upon or accept paid advertising for particular stories or subjects. We accept no bribes or funds to publish or not to publish. Our journalism is "not for sale" and stresses objective and independent reporting with high journalistic standards from all sources. All of our writers are required to "Bring light" with a motive of "fiduciary responsibility to inform and do good to the public," therefore, no financial incentives for writing are provided. Truth, insight and a global perspectice of our world is our central goal. This may be unique and add to the excellence and appeal of Global Perspectives (www.bootheglobalperspectives.com).
If you see the BOOTHE GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES logo or by-line, we trust you will see this as a seal of quality in our changing world.