Some Things that I Believe By Ben Boothe
When you are 57 years old, have written several books, and have been on radio, TV, magazines and newspapers all over the world, some people get curious.
I've had a number of people ask me "Ben, what do you believe?" I tried to clearly state my beliefs in my 2004 book: FLOWERS FACING THE SUN. (Log on to: http://flowers.benboothe.com)
But before I embark on a business trip that will take me around the globe yet again, I wish to share a few things that I believe with you.
- I Believe: In the love and innocence of a child's eyes
- I Believe: In laughter and joy, especially with a friend
- I Believe: That when a person is kind to another, it is a sacred gift
- I Believe: That compassion is divine
- I Believe: That our most valuable treasures, are friends and loved ones
- I Believe: That work done well is a form of worship
- I Believe: That the most holy temples of worship, are in nature, not buildings
- I Believe: That we are defined by how we respond to challenges and difficulty
- I Believe: In music, flowers, art, poetry, enthusiasm, insight, intellect, and beauty
- I Believe: That every person should have the opportunity to achieve his/her potential
- I Believe: that each person must find his own way; we can only kindly point a suggestion and hope he does not get lost.
- I Believe: To lift up another is to elevate your soul
- I Believe: That to give another a smile is to give light in a dark world
- I Believe: That religion is man's way of trying to bring order and logic out of chaos
- I Believe: That judgmental, rigid, greedy, arrogant, gossipy, bigoted, thoughtless, mean, selfish, manipulative, people reflect some of the worst evils of existence
- I Believe: That all people have so much in common, that we are all seeking meaning, and enlightenment, albeit different path that we are all brothers, thus we should act as brothers. It is my hope not to want to hurt or be hurt by another
- I Believe: There are those who live by judging others. They try to "control" by a "tyranny of the minority", or a "tyranny of the weak". Those who must control by judging or manipulating, are insecure and dangerous. Somehow we must help them see what they are and what they do, and show them a better path, that is not harmful and negative.
My friend. I want to tell you THANK YOU, for being my friend, and being a witness to my life. And for that, I can say to those of you who are true; I believe in you.